Welcome ...
This blog has been created to allow family and friends to share in and become part of the experience of 'Down at the Farm'.
Enjoy the children, their love for each other and their open hearted wonder and excitement.
Over time you will get to know the farm through their eyes and will see how they spend their day with each other in a very rich, organic way.
Each vignette is a snapshot in time. Follow from one to another, then on to more and you can share in our unfoldment and journey.
Enjoy your visit ...

Monday, November 8, 2010

Ow, ow, ow ..

Daisy was wandering through the grass and daisies in the goat paddock on Friday morning ..

Happy as she was, she suddenly started to call, 'Ow, ow, ow .. '

I looked up and she came towards me doing a funny little limpy skip, still full of life and insisting on calling 'Ow, ow, ow .. '

I could see nothing major was wrong and asked her what happened ..

Her reply, 'Ow, ow, ow'

I looked at her leg asking, 'Where Daisy, where did you get hurt?'

She pointed back to where she had been walking, 'Ober dere.'

I asked again, 'I know it happened over there Daisy, what happened, let me see where it is.'

Again she pointed over to the grass, 'Ober dare.'

I said, 'Daisy I'm trying to see where your leg is sore, where is the Ow on your leg?'

A little Daisy grumble, and frustrated humph, 'Ober dare Too-naya. It's ober dare Ow, ow.' .. as if to say, I already told you where the thing is that caused the Ow, ow.

By this stage I was feeling like we were our own little Laurel and Hardy show ..

 .. all the kids had gathered round Daisy, all were looking at her leg with me to see what had happened and she was still insisting, with head turned  that it had happened, 'ober dare.'

Finally, still looking I said, 'Oh, I think it might be stinging nettle.'

I could see a few little spots and told Daisy that the 'Ow' she was feeling was stinging nettle and it was really good for her bones. 

Nettle is high in calcium and boron both good for bone building and I've found if the kids think about their bones getting strong, it takes attention away from the sting and helps. 

We got out the green oil, which provides instant relief and all of a sudden there were lots of little legs and arms and fingers in front of me all wanting me to administer to them now too .. 

Daisy ..


.. and the rest of the gang too ..


No comments: